FREE UK delivery on orders over £50 with code FREEDEL at checkout Dismiss
Skip to content
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
We use both first and third party cookies:
- First party cookies are cookies that are set by us (as the owner of the website). They help the website to function as you as the user might expect it to. They are also used to provide us with anonymised data about how our website is being used.
- Third party cookies are set on our website by an organisation other than us. These enable us to learn more about our customers, so that we can provide a more personalised service, or for the purposes of advertising.
A visit to a page on Land of Dogs website, may generate the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, or make a purchase. For example, we use strictly necessary cookies to remember information you’ve entered into our join or donate forms, so that you can move between steps on the form or visit other pages without having to re-enter your information, within a single website visit.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website(s) and to see how these visitors move around / interact with our website(s). We may for, example use analytical cookies to provide data on how many users have visited our site, how long users have spent on the site, and what buttons they have clicked. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, and remember your preferences. For example, we use functionality cookies to remember settings you’ve previously applied, such as layout and text size.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. These may also be used for A/B testing to ensure that you have a consistent experience onsite when we are testing new functionalities/journeys.
- Third party advertising cookies. These cookies allow us to target our advertising to you or to people similar to you, or to exclude you from our advertising. For example, a cookie set by a partner organisation may be used to exclude you from our membership ads on other organisations’ websites, if you have recently completed a membership purchase on our site. Or a third party advertising cookie may be used by our advertising partners to create audiences on our behalf enabling us to target our advertising spend more efficiently.
- Other third party cookies. Where we use applications on our website that are owned by other organisations, third party cookies may be used to customise that application to you or to track the success of that application. For example, if you share an article using a social media sharing button, the social media network may record that share.
Which third party cookies do we use?
We use third party cookies for the purposes of advertising and anlaytics. The below table outlines the purpose of each of our current third party cookies and gives links to the privacy policies of each third party. (Please note the third party cookies used may change as we work with new or different suppliers – this list will be reviewed and updated monthly).
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on:
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Land of Dogs may use a Social Plugins such as the below:
Social plugins are things like the Like button, the Share button, comments and other tools that let you share your experience off of Facebook with your friends and others on Facebook.
Social plugins include:
- Like button: Click Like to share and connect with things from other websites that you find interesting
Share button: Click Share to write something about a link and then post it to your Timeline
Embedded posts: Add any public post from Facebook to your blog or website
Comments box: Publicly comment on another website using your Facebook account
How do they work?
While social plugins appear on other websites, the information appearing in them comes directly from Facebook, so they’re just an extension of your Facebook / Social media experience as outlined here.
For example, if you use the Comments plugin to make a comment, the website may be able to connect your comment to your profile.
You only see a personalized experience with your friends if you’re logged into your Facebook account. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log into Facebook before you can use a plugin on another site
Please note Land of Dogs is not responsible for the information and also the setting of cookies on these other sites below.
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org
Manage your preferences for what types of advertising you receive on other websites using Your Online Choices
Discover more on disabling and enabling cookies in different browsers here
Safari (OS X)